Saturday, February 12, 2011

Writing Slower

Maybe it's the hectic lifestyles, or the fact that we're just slowing ourselves down for the lack of ideas, but for some reason, we are not writing as much as we had been. I guess that's normal for writers, but this story is so in our 'blood', that we feel - when we're not writing as much - that we are failing our characters - at least I do! 


My characters are so real to me, they keep giving me ideas - and Kylie too, obviously - but we just can't get it out onto paper, or Google docs as the case may be.


I don't usually choose favorite characters in stories because it's almost like picking favorites of your children, but with this story, it's hard not to. They are all amazing - they have their own quirks and awesomeness - but I have chosen favorites. 


They are Cale and Leighla. These characters aren't the main characters in this particular story, but they both have their parts and they're amazing! They have a mix of humor and seriousness and they know how to pull it off! :P
Is that a form of vanity? 



Anyways, even though I told Kylie I was finished writing, I have an idea forming in this little mind of mine, so hopefully she won't mind, but I am going to go write some more!

~Ashley



Current Word Count: 44,261

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...