Friday, February 11, 2011

A Look Inside Their Closets...

After our huge writing frenzy the past couple of days, our writing has kind of dwindled lately. We've been writing, but not as much as we had been. As it is, we have 42,904 words as of right now. That's a good 3k jump from where we were last post. I guess I shouldn't say we're too behind, but we haven't been writing 4,000 words a day or anything. Maybe a little break from writing exorbitant amounts of words will prove to be a good thing. We're at a point in the story where I think we need to take it a little slower than usual.

To make up for the lack of posts lately (again, we've been posting often but not every day), I wanted to link to some posts. Ash and I are participating in a 28-day blog challenge, and it's been really fun so far.

Sky: A Favorite Song (day 1) and A Favorite Movie (day 2)
Ash: A Favorite Song (day 1) and A Favorite Movie (day 2)

Also, I've found a new site that is somewhat addicting: Polyvore. You can mix and match outfits, and I ended up making some fashion collections for our female characters, Bekah & Leighla, based on what kind of clothes they would wear. While I don't think what they wear has any reflection on what's inside, it does give you a pretty good idea of their personalities, and I figured we could do this since we can't really post pictures of their faces. :P

Bekah


Out of all of these, this one probably is my favorite. It also sums up Bekah the most. She and I are both simple: jeans, t-shirt, Converse. That's definitely what I love about Bekah.
She loves plaid too, which is something she picked up from her brother, Cale.
We picture Bekah with dark curly brown hair, so the purples and blues just seemed to fit really well with that. Not to mention they're my favorite colors. :)

Bekah - Summer

Bekah - Summer by MountainFireflower

Again, Bekah dresses simply with a different sort of flair. Jeans, shorts, and t-shirts. I particularly love the orange converse. :P

Leighla

Leighla - Winter

Leighla - Winter by MountainFireflower

Leighla, Bekah's best friend, is a lot more dressy than Bekah is, and so it was really fun to pick out outfits for her. She has blonde curly hair and tan skin, so she looks particularly good in bright colors. The winter one is my absolute favorite - I love how all of the pieces are mix and match and the colors match so well. I didn't mean to do that! :P
Leighla - Summer

Leighla - Summer by MountainFireflower

While I really like this one too, it's probably the one that's least like me, since I'm not a fan of pink. But it's great for Leighla. Part of the problem I have with this outfit is that a lot of the items are things I'd never be able to afford. I mean seriously? $1,000 for a purse?
I love the white & green outfit though, and the denim shorts. I would wear the stuff on this one, if I could afford it. :P Leighla can't really either, but we can pretend. Maybe she likes designer knock-offs. :P

Edit: RIGHT after I posted this, Ashley told me we hit 43k. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is a really neat idea! Concocting a collection of each character's clothes! (and, no... I wasn't trying to make my words in that last sentence begin with C. But then did, so I'll live with that.)

    Like I said... that is an awesome idea that helps one to get a deeper sense of exactly what a certain character looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...