Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Writing Frenzy

Yesterday afternoon, Kylie and I had what we both like to call a "writing frenzy". This is a time when we're both online and we write and write and write and write and write and write and write. And write.
I think you get the picture. 


Only three days ago, we posted that we were at 28,000 words, which, we thought was completely awesome, because we hadn't been writing that story that long. In two days - yesterday and the day before that, we wrote up to 37,690. And I haven't even gotten a chance to write this morning, so I should take us up over 38,000. Which is 10K more than it was only three days ago.

We're getting anxious, because right now, we're at a part in our story, where we're in the middle,  and the plot is starting to lag a little. We're writing a part that isn't as interesting, a part that needs to be written, but we don't want do write it. That's a writer's worst nightmare - writing something that won't be interesting for readers. 



I think that Kylie posted that we finished our first novel together in 51 days, with a total of 73,000 words. That was amazing to us. Beforehand, neither of us had ever finished a story before, never even written more than 30,000 words by ourselves, so this was quite the accomplishment. Now, we've finished two whole stories together, if you look at our current writing projects page, you'll notice that other than Dereck and Bekah, there a couple different ones in the works. But of course, we're focusing on this one now, the book that is intriguing us! 


I think that writing with my best friend is one of my favorite things to do. I love writing on my own, but don't do it as much as I should, I guess. I find I write better when I have someone to pass the story off to when I get stuck, or have writer's block. 


Which is yet another thing - with two writer's, it's a lot harder to get writer's block. Between Kylie and me, we usually have so many ideas rolling in our heads, that when one of us is stuck, and doesn't know what to do next, the other one does. It's so helpful. :) 


I am going to go write. I have yet to read the part that Kylie wrote last, and I'm anxious to know where I can go with the story. 


~Ashley


Edit: Kylie wrote a rather short part, that left me hanging, trying to figure out where to go with this. I love you, Kylie, for doing this to me! 


Current Word Count: 38,100. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...