Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Look Inside Their Closets: The Guys

Part of the reason *I* haven't been posting on this blog, or even writing in our story, is because my laptop is currently down with some unexplainable issues. I'm hoping to take it into a repair shop (or maybe get a new one?! :P), but at the moment it's not available for my use. Fortunately my family has a couple desktops, and I'm pretty much on as much as I normally am, but it's throwing me off not to have my normal computer. >.<

Ah, well. It's okay. I just wrote a hugely long part (yes, I know that's redundant) in the story, and hopefully Ashley can run with it. I had a dream last night that gave me an awesome idea for the story - that's proof that I'm a hopeless romantic. Too bad it's only fiction. ;)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the post about what our characters wear. I say that because I have the second installment: the guys. :P I needed a break from writing in our book, so I turned to the blog. :P

It took me a while to figure out that I could do guys' fashion on Polyvore too, and when I found out, I was ecstatic. Dereck and Cale, our main male characters, are what make the story what it is. It just wouldn't be the same without them. So, without further ado, since I can't introduce them to you, I'll do the next best thing: introduce you to what they wear. ;)

Dereck

Dereck is our other title character in ... Dereck and Bekah. :P As you can probably guess, he's Bekah's love interest, so I think his outfit goes really well with hers. (Again, I dig the shoes... and the beanie. :P)

The look I was going for was preppy but comfortable at the same time. Dereck likes t-shirts, jeans, and hoodies - but I don't know, somehow he looks nice while doing it. :P

Something that tickled my funny bone - when I was looking for clothes for Dereck, I honestly couldn't understand why everything that stood out to me for him was from American Eagle. It made me laugh to realize that in the initial planning stages, his nickname was Eagle. ;P

Cale


I'm sure you've all heard about Cale. He's Bekah's brother, and she picked up wearing plaid from him, as I'm sure you can already tell. Cale's really relaxed, but he loves plaid, Converse, and playing guitar. He and Dereck are really good friends, and are both into music, but they both have their own different personalities - which I hope came across in their clothes.

Although like Ashley, I don't like to pick favorites, I'd have to say Cale is pretty high up there. ;) And his outfits are pretty nice too.

Okay, well it's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to drag myself away from the computer and go outside. Maybe I'll get inspired while I'm out there. :)

-Sky

Edit - Current WC: 46,301. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...