Friday, February 4, 2011

Quick Update

I was super excited to see that Kylie had hit 22,000 words in our story last night. This is one of my favorite stories that I've ever written - and wouldn't be near as great without my best friend along on the ride with me. I could never have figured out a plot this awesome without her help and I am super excited to see what our final word count is. 

I wrote my part this morning - having us hit 23,000. I didn't really realize that I was writing that much - I just couldn't get myself stopped. Sometimes that happens - and other times, my parts are short because I don't have any ideas. Kylie and I are getting into the root of this story now, and it's becoming easier to write longer parts because we know what we want to happen next. 

-------

As for my own personal writing - I am working on a plot for a story now - I have names and an idea of what I want - but it's really hard to know exactly where to start with it. I've also been reading over a story-series that I wrote in 2008 - when I was 14-15. Parts of it surprise me - did I actually write that? - and other parts are like really juvenile. My ideas were good at the time and I'll probably use some of them over because they're funny, but the story itself needs to be thrown out the window, never looked at again.
But every writer knows that's not the case. At least not me. I don't know that I've ever thrown away an old story - whether it be finished or not. 

`Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...