Friday, March 4, 2011

Reese's Pieces

Hey all - Sky here. Ash and I have been a little busy dealing with sickness, babysitting, and new jobs, so we apologize for the lack of posts on this blog. (Okay, okay - I'M apologizing, but I'm sure Ashley would be too if she were posting.)

We've been writing our story, still... slowly, but surely. *goes to check current wordcount* Whoa... currently, we have 57,790 - which means we're almost to 60K! That's exciting. It almost makes me want to write more.

I've also been writing a story on my own - called Reese's Pieces. I have been writing it since August of last year, and have about 60,000 words. I'm really thrilled because it's the longest story I've ever written by myself. Ashley and I wrote a novel that was 73k, but it's hard to believe that I actually have written 60k so far, which I wasn't ever sure I could do, much less writing it all by hand. I started this story on the computer but ended up switching to a notebook. I have one notebook finished so far, and I'm ten pages away from finishing this one, and hopefully, ending the entire story. It'll be the first novel I've actually finished, so I'm pretty stoked.

I just can't believe that opening a document and writing the first thing that came to mind would explode into a full-blown story. All I did was open a Word doc and let the contents of my brain spill out - and I've loved it so much. Amazing, huh? I highly recommend writing the first thing that comes to mind - it eventually forms one cohesive plot if you keep working at it. I would have to say Reese's Pieces is one of the easiest AND hardest stories to write - easy, because it was so fun and there really were no rules, but hard, because I had to stick to it and keep writing even when I wanted to throw my notebook out the window. Well, with 10 pages left, I'd say it's been worth it. It's nowhere near being publishable, but I love it, and that's what matters.

Now I just have to figure out how to end it and finish up Reese's matchmaking mission before I run out of time. ;)

-Sky

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...