Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ashen Sky Life Episode #2: Virtual Converse

Ash: Hi, we’re back! This is Ashley.
Sky: And this is Sky. Obviously.
A: Since I’m not Sky, she must be, right?
S: I have to wonder.
A: Good point. Sometimes we’re so scarily alike, it even scares me!
S: Speaking of which, we’ve even been told we look alike.
A: By a lot of people. We’re not sure WHAT to think, since we’re not related!
S: Not unless you count the fact that we’re both daughters of God. :P Hey Ash, remember the older man who asked us if we were sisters?
A: Yup, at the train show when I was at your house! Where we got the handstamps!
S: *laughs* Yep, yep. Those handstamps.
A: People, it’s hard to explain, don’t ask. Anyways!
S: Yes. Anyways. While Ashley was visiting me this past November, we made a bunch of webshows that we put on our Facebook accounts. We can’t put them on the blog, but I decided that I wanted to make a theme song for our typecasts. Speaking of which... what’s a typecast?
A: A typecast is where Sky and I *rhyming!* will type out our random thoughts and put them on this blog. They will be posted, if possible, once a week for our readers, so that they can find out what’s going on with us, our characters and, well, random things that pop into our tiny little heads.
S: Like bacon. And cool points. I wonder what we should give away this time around?
S: Do you plan to pay for said Converse?
A: No. These are VIRTUAL Converse.
S: Aha! The best kind.
A: Not really. I prefer the ones that go on my feet.
S: You can wear virtual Converse on your virtual feet.
A: I now have virtual feet? This is getting weirder and weirder. What should I expect with you, though?
S: Hey now. Takes one to know one.
A: Well, yeah. I guess.
S: So. If you are reading this RIGHT now, you get VIRTUAL CONVERSE! DING DING DING!
A: Make sure to tell us what color you would like, too!
S: I like red, or black. I wonder if they have rainbow Converse.
A: If they did, they’d match with everything! I want a purple or blue pair before summer comes.
S: Why before summer comes? Isn’t winter good enough?
A: Good point. I just don’t feel like spending my money right now. Plus, I have to save up my money to come see YOU!
S: Very true. Which is why I like virtual Converse. They don’t cost anything. ;)
A: I was just gonna say that. Don’t steal the words out of my mouth. Er, fingers.
S: Sorry. Unintentional. Do you think we need a point to this Typecast?
A: Wellllllllllll, maybe. But what’s the fun in that?
S: Our readers are probably sooo confused.
A: So are we. What’s the difference?
S: We write, they read. It’s simple.
A: Exactly. It’s that easy. So...we thought up names for our Dereck and Bekah series today. Except for the last one....
S: Which is going to be really hard to figure out.
A: Yes, exactly. But the first couple were easy.
S: Should we tell them?
A: I don’t know, should we?
S: Well, if they wanna know...
A: Well...maybe we could leave them hanging and make them wait. They can leave a comment if they wanna know...
S: Good idea. They can even guess! Or suggest titles of their own... if they wanna be wacky and fun and cool like the wacky, fun, cool readers they are. ;)
A: Yes. I agree. So, if you have a suggestion for Dereck and Bekah’s title, or if you want to hear the one that we have, let us know. Leave a comment!
S: We wanna hear from you... even though this blog is filled with our ramblings that probably only make sense to us. We actually started this blog just so that we could look back on our writing journey & writing accomplishments... we never expected you to read. But you did. So thank you! (Never mind that we bribe you with bacon and Converse.)
A: Right. Bribing always worked for me, so I guess I’m not the only one. So..yeah.
S: Lately, we’ve been writing a lot - just not in our cowritten stories. We’ve started individual projects that we both love.
A: I have two started right now, actually. I actually just started one this morning.
S: And? Don’t leave me hanging here!
A: It’s about us. Sort-of. Well, it is. But it’s different too. The characters are loosely based on us and parts of the story will be too.
S: I’m really excited to hear more about it. Ash, not to change the subject, but have you ever painted daises on a bright red rubber ball?
A: No. I have never done that, actuallyyy. Maybe we should do that next time I’m at your house.
S: Sounds like a good plan to me... kind of like the time we ate cocoa. So, do you think we should tell them about another story of ours, or leave that for next time?
A: Well, this seems to be getting long enough, so we can wait until next time.
S: Okay, in review... comment and tell us what color virtual Converse you want, if you have any title suggestions for Dereck & Bekah, and what you want us to talk about in our next Typecast. AND! Don’t forget to watch our handy little video intro.
A: Yes, that is really cool. Sky decided to make that for us...and I love it. I’m kinda jealous of her amazing ability to be able to make videos like that.
S: Don’t be jealous. You can make blog templates, amazing stories, and come up with amazing chords for our songs. ;)
A: Annndddd together we can come up with amazing plots for our characters.
S: At least we think they’re amazeeng. Amazeeng is such a Will & Elle word.
A: Yes. It is a Will and Elle word. Will and Elle are amazing.
S: Yes, they are but stay focused! We should probably wrap this up before our readers scream in agony. Even though they’re wacky, cool, amazing, and they love us.
A: No, no, no!!! They are AMAZEENG!
S: Yep, yep - you guys are AMAZEENG! Rest in that knowledge till next weekend, when we’ll be back to annoy you again. Happy Saturday!
A: Bye!!!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO KNOW TITLES!!! :) :) :) (please?) :P

    As for suggestions---erm, I don't have any *blush* I'm tired, I have excuses!!! :)

    Oh, and I would like my virtual converse to be purple with sparkle polka-dots and purple laces and a sparkle tongue :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titles... titles... *thinks* Um... Have I mentioned that I never name my novels simply because I have zero ideas as to what they should be called? *goes back to thinking* What are your ideas for titles?

    *sniffles* No more bacon? Converse will work just as well, I suppose... Blue? Please? ;)

    Love & Hugs,
    Lia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...