Friday, April 29, 2011

long time, no post

Sheesh, it's been forever since either Kylie or I posted on this blog. Sorry, life has been hectic and crazy here lately and I'm not even sure why. 


My month of May is super-duper crazy with trips to GA and FL in the beginning and ends of the month for different homeschool conventions (to work in The Old SchoolHouse Magazine booth - come see me if you're at CHAP, GHEA or FPEA, for sure!) 


Kylie and I have not been writing much lately because of the busyness in our lives but like I've said, we've started Much Love, Morgan - the book that comes after Becoming Bekah. I thought I would post the prologue to our story so that you have some idea of the writing style of book 2!

Enjoy!


Oh and consider now that Leighla is married and has been for quite some time when this book starts. Just in case you were confused by the way things are going. :) 


~~~~~~~~~



Leighla sat on the couch watching a movie with Channing. She was starting to feel fat and ugly and was already ready to have the baby growing inside her. She was trying not to get discouraged, considering the fact that she still had six months left to go in her pregnancy. Oh boy, this should be interesting for poor Channing.
She almost felt like crying about it. Of course, she cried about everything now that she was pregnant.
Especially this stupid, sad movie that they were watching. She had been crying since the beginning and she needed to stop. She was now blubbering and acting like a total idiot.
“Are you okay, Leighla?” Channing placed a hand on her arm and gave her a smile.
The smile cheered her up a little bit. “I’m fine, Channing. Just a bit emotional.”
“So I see.”

“This movie...is just....so....sad.” She said between breaths.
“Yeah....”
“It’s sad, Channing Kinglsey!”
“I know, Leighla Kingsley! I’m watching it too, ya know.”
“I know that.” She sighed. “We need to watch an action movie next.”
“You don’t like action movies. And you’d probably cry at that too.”
“Oh, shush.”
Leighla was seriously blessed to have Channing as a husband. She didn’t know what she would do without him. He was her sanity since she got pregnant, someone who stood by her through everything. She was thankful to have him in her life.

She put her fingers in between his. “I love you, Channing. Thanks for being my best friend.”
Channing smiled and kissed her on the lips. “It was my pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...