Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brownie Sundaes and Hayden&Tori

S: Hello, and welcome to another episode of Ashen Sky Life!!!
A: Wow, exclamation points. They make me happy!
S: As Adam Agee said on Twitter once, when people use exclamation points, it makes me read it LOUDER IN MY HEAD!!!
A: Exactly! That’s what I always think when I see them! I like to read loudly!!!!!
S: I know!! It’s so awesome!!! I’m excited now!!!
A: I’ve been excited since we talked on the phone this afternoon and figured some things out for a “new” story.
S: Actually, it’s a new/old story. Remember last week when we talked about our very first novel, Love Anyway?
A: Well, if you don’t, you can go back and read over the last typecast. Anyway, we had a sequel going for Love Anyway, but it just wasn’t working the way we had wanted it to...
S: To put it nicely, it stank. We only realized this recently though. I’m glad we didn’t get too far into it, because we’ve decided to chuck the whole thing out the window.
A: Which will actually be kinda fun. We’ll get to start fresh with something new. We’ve got some ideas up our sleeves and can’t wait to get them written into the story line. The first time we wrote this one, it was just dramatic and full of things that just aren’t...real. So yeah. We’re chucking that one and starting fresh.
S: I feel like while Love Anyway was amazing, we kind of lost that once we got into the sequel. It wasn’t like the first book, and we kind of lost the sense of who our characters really were. We are going to get that back though by starting over, and writing it the way we should have all along.
A: Yes, I was going to say that we lost track of who our characters were, but I see that Kylie already beat me to that. Thanks Ky. But yes. I’m excited to start anew and figure all this out again. it should be a fun way to do it. I’m usually kind-of skeptical to start a book over but I think that I’m excited to do this one because the characters are real to me, even though they weren’t so much in the second book.
S: They were a lot more real in Love Anyway, and I think that by starting over, we’ll go back to the realness and awesome connection to our characters that we had before.
A: I am so excited for that! I miss these characters. It has been a while since Kylie and I have written anything with these people. I guess it would be easier if we said their names so we wouldn’t have to keep saying the “characters.”
S: Yes, our main characters are Hayden Lasseter & Tori McGregor, and Hannalee Lasseter. Hannalee and Hayden are siblings, and Hannalee and Tori are best friends. And Tori and Hayden are friends. If you read last week’s typecast, you’ll remember that Tori helped bring Hayden to Christ.
A: Yes. These were the first “real” characters that Kylie and I ever created together. We had a story or two before Love Anyway, but they weren’t anything to … write home about, I guess. They were juvenile and well..stupid. So when we came up with these characters, we were pretty excited and couldn’t wait to get writing the book.
S: And I have to say that they still remain some of my favorite characters today. They’re sort of like the first characters of ours that I ever bonded with, so they have a special place in my heart.
A: Love Anyway was the first book that I ever actually finished that was more than 35,000 words long. (Love Always came in at 73,000.) I, too, feel a special bond with Hayden and Tori, because just like Kylie, they were some of my favorite characters.
S: And so we’re really excited to start up again with Love Someday - our second book. Because this time, we’re writing it the way it SHOULD have been written.
A: But I think that now, as we’ve grown as writers, we’ll be able to write it a lot better. I think that as Kylie and I write together, we both grow as writers. I know that I’ve learned a lot from Kylie. She’s an amazing author.
S: Aw, thanks! You’re the one who makes these stories amazing, dear. Everyone knows that. ;)
A: Nah, I don’t agree at all. I think that together we make the stories amazing.
S: Don’t you mean AMAZEENG? ;)
A: Sure, that’s exactly what I mean!
S: So, I had an idea.
A: I love ideas. You know this.
S: Of course. Since we’ve already done a Q&A typecast, what if we ask our readers questions this time?
A: Mmm....good idea! This time? Or in the next typecast? I need some time to think up some questions!
S: How about next typecast? That way we can build up the suspense and all that.
A: Yes, definitely! I love that idea. I’ll be thinking up some questions for the next time! :D
S: Me too! And what’s our free virtual gift this time?
A: Mmmmmmm. I’m watching a cooking show. Maybe we should give away some food.
S: What kind of food?
A: Brownies!!!!!!!!!! And ice cream!!!! And caramel sauce!!! Brownie sundaes! More exclamation points!!
S: You’re weird!!! Oh, guess what?!!!
A: We hit 70,000 words in Becoming Bekah?!
S: That would be it!!
A: That’s all we have for today, people! I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about our newest story.
S: I know I did. ;)
A: I did too! Okay, so...ciao ya’ll!
S: Adios!

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAYAY CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's soooooooooo exciting!!!! <--- see my exclamation points ;)?

    You've built up the suspense already, I'm getting my answering reflexes all built up :)

    MUHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...