Friday, July 1, 2011

Editing and Such

So today as Kylie and I were having a nice chat on the phone, we talked about writing. Big shocker, eh? We were talking about our finished novel, Becoming Bekah.
We decided that we should probably start the editing process for it as it is finished and it would be nice to have the editing, well, done. 
There's only one little teensy - um, big - problem. Neither of us LIKE to edit stories. Sure, we love to write them...but neither of us are big..editors. It's not that we actually MIND reading over our stories and seeing what's wrong with them - it's the fact that we actually have to find mistakes as we read. I have trouble with that.
I can be reading through the book, and get lost in the story, and forget that I was supposed to be editing. Um, I'm sorry? ;) 
But as we were talking...we decided that we would really like to each have a proof-copy of our book. Meaning that we'd have an actual book - with an actual cover we created - with our story inside. How cool would that be?
Really cool.
So we realized that we need to edit our story. So over the next couple of weeks - or months, depending on how much depth we go into - Kylie and I are going to be going over our book and editing it.
This should be a bundle of fun. :P 
But it will be amazing when she and I can actually hold our story in our hands. I can't wait! 
Anyways readers, we are still going to be writing Much Love, Morgan, as well, but I'm not sure what will get more priority at this point. 
Like Kylie said in the last post, we have the series that never ends - that just goes on and on my friends - and we have so much writing to do. So editing may just be done on the side, while we continue to write the stories as well.
As of right now, we haven't really decided.
But as I said above...writing to us is better than editing, so it may just win out. 
~Ash

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that! I hope you like it more as it goes on :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...