Monday, October 3, 2011

Long time, No post

Wow, it has been quite some time since either of us posted on this blog. Probably because we're both busy and haven't been writing. At all.
Well, we did a little bit of writing today, and a little bit yesterday. 


Kylie and I started a new story the other day - Confessions of a Teenage Receptionist. The name pretty much says it all.
She's a receptionist and she's a teenager. It's written in first person, present tense, and we're trying our best to make it witty and funny. 


Because neither of us are able to do much writing together, we've been doing writing apart. I've started a couple different stories on my own, and I love writing by myself. Sure, I love writing with my best friend, but I also like writing alone - finding my own voice, and figuring out what I can write about without someone else's help.
Although I do ask for Kylie's advice every now and then. She's my moral support while writing alone, and I'm her's. I guess that's what best friends are for.


We'll try to post a little more about Confessions of a Teenage Receptionist, and maybe a blurb from the book sometime this week. 


~Ashley

1 comment:

  1. That sounds cool! I always try writing in the first person present test, but it never works for me. I keep messing it up.

    Anywhozzles, even if you guys aren't writing together, you could write other stuff on this blog! I like it! You're feeding my mind dessert and it's hungry ;)

    Lol, just kidding.

    iGirl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...