Tuesday, June 21, 2011

50 K

Can you say wow? Oh my word. Kylie and I had a tiny bit of a writing frenzy the last couple of days and we finally hit our 50K mark. That's one of the most exciting parts of the story for me, and I'm not even sure why. 

We still have a lot of plot, though. This story should be the same length, or a tiny bit longer than Becoming Bekah. Much Love, Morgan is taking on such a bigger plot (even though it wasn't planned at the beginning), and seriously I can't believe that it's going to be long.

When Kylie and I started our writing journey for Much Love, Morgan, we were a little skeptical about writing it. Because we didn't have a plot completely written out. We knew what we wanted to happen in the story, but we weren't sure where we wanted to go with the whole thing. We weren't sure of what all was going to happen - the main theme, even. 
So starting to write a story with just a rough plot is really, really hard. I should know. I do it all the time. And usually those stories fail.

But when Kylie and I are writing together, we always have a good time. We can figure out funny things to happen and we do it together. That's what so fun about writing with my best friend. We can take a story, some characters and our writing, and we can make it into something bigger and better than either of us ever anticipated. It's amazing.



I, myself, actually started a story about two girls named Ashlynn (me) and Skylar (Kylie). It really isn't ABOUT us, 'cause I made a ton of fictional characters, but it's neat to write about a friendship as awesome as Kylie's and mine.


Okay, I'm done now. :) Just wanted to tell you all that we have officially hit 50,000 words. Wow. Just saying that makes me wanna go and dance around the room. 
You'd be glad that you can't see that. 'Cause I can't dance.
At all.
Kylie would second me on that one ;) 


So, in honor of our book Much Love, Morgan, I shall sign off like this:
Much Love,
Ashley

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...