Monday, February 6, 2012

Just another post

I'm not sure what's going to happen with this blog now that Sky and I aren't writing together anymore, so I decided that I would write about MY writing journey here and let Sky decide whether or not she wants to write here, as well. :) Since I paid the money for the domain name, I might as well be using the blog for something. I also have a personal blog that I never post on. :P This one just seems cooler. Maybe because Sky took the time to make an awesome template for us.

Picture copyright
Ashley Strawser & Hannah Lyter
Lately, I've been working on a story that I call A World Without Sound. It's about a girl whose deaf, but can read lips. It's definitely a stretch for me and has the best set-plot that I've ever had. It's actually one of the easiest stories I've ever written.
*ahem* That is, when I actually take the time to sit down and write it. Since we were gone from home for the last 10 days, I haven't written that much lately.
But of course, my stories and plots still run through my head.
On the left side, I have put the cover for A World Without Sound.
As always, this may not be in a couple of weeks, but for now it is. The girl on the cover is a good friend of mine who gave me permission to use her for my cover model for Shaelyn Renay Hartford.

Anyways, A World Without Sound is what I'm focusing on right now. There are many other plots and characters running through my head.

Including a set of characters that I've had for YEARS named Maggie & Ross. They have been characters running in my head for years, and I haven't been able to write their story. Actually, I wrote their story, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted, ya know? So I've tried re-writing it.
And um, rewriting it.
And rewriting it again.
I think that I've restarted their story about 10 times. I'm not sure if this time it'll work or not. But I'm hoping so. I actually started it on my way home from FL, on my iPod. Not far into it to say the least, but at least it's being written, right?

Well, getting offline for now. I have to finish reading a book, and start writing A World Without Sound again. Man, I'm gonna be busy tonight. :)

Ciao ya'll!
~Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...